Home on the Range

6.18.2006

I have a crush...

Jenny and I made up this new thing called a "music crush." Pretty stupid, I admit, but it is the result of a compromise. I just checked out, for the second time, a CD from the library that I really enjoy. The singer is Kate Rusby and she's a British folk singer. She's relatively new on the contemporary folk scene, and pretty much an unknown outside of the UK. But, our progressive suburban library has several CDs of hers and that's how we "met." This album is called "Underneath the Stars". Jenny and I each always buy a new CD each time we take a long trip, and I think I'm going to buy this one for our trip to Montana next week.

I told Jenny I think I have a crush on her, and after some discussion, and 'splainin', we agreed to call it a "music crush". Truth be told, Jenny's got a music crush right now on this trumpet player called Chris Botti (what's up with that? don't they say something about trumpet players and kissing?). I don't like the guy; he's not really her type. But frankly, Jenny's not too keen on Kate. For now, we've agreed we can "see other people," musically of course.

Who do you have a music crush on?

8 Comments:

At 1:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a music crush on Michael Buble (pronounced Boo-blay). Tom always has to make fun of him and calls him Michael Bubble! If I ever like a male singer, Tom always claims that he is gay too. Susan and Katie (Kurt's sister) were nice enough to get me tickets, for my birthday, to his concert in Spokane on July 26!

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

I even have to listen to Chris Botti music behind his back. He doesn't like listening to it with me.

 
At 4:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, this is really embarrassing and bad, but I'll share my music crush. I've always liked the Bee Gees (corny, I know) We had a record when we were little (i'm sure Jenny remembers) and I had a crush on Barry Gibb. To this day I like their songs. I have their Greatest Hits on my iPod.

 
At 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Tom, Bad Killa is just my rapstar name (get yours at rapstarname.com). Is it taboo to have a music crush (not a regular crush,just to clarify!) on an artist of the same sex as yourself? Not that I do I just might of heard of someone that does?... I may not quite understand the rules of engagement concerning these music crushes yet, so no making fun of me.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I'm with Emmy Lou- I totally have a music crush on Michael Buble. Aaron laughs at me everytime I play him- he is very jazzy and reminds me of a contemporary Frank Sinatra....oh I just ADORE his music (deep sigh).

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Topher said...

Tom (or Bad Killa), it's only taboo if you're referring to Clay Aiken or Justin Timberlake.

 
At 1:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Nikki Trixx here. I just went to bad killa's website. Type in pop's name - trust me you won't stop laughing!

 
At 7:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but my pop star name is Lance Angel!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home