Home on the Range

6.18.2006

Spam. It's not just meat product in a can.


Home on the Range received its first spam comment today. Therefore, I changed the settings to include word verification on the comments page. I'm sorry to have to add one more step to leave comments, but this way no one (mainly me) has to deal with the junk. All you'll have to do is type in a box the letters you'll see. This requires a real person whereas the spammers have automatic ways to infiltrate blogs with garbage.

The comment posted today had a link to a "blog", but what it really did was start popping up all kinds of weird sites on our computer. It would do the same to your computer if you were to click on the link.

Fun fact: Hawaii is the largest consumer of Spam. I had several Hawaiian companions on my mission, and I can verify that it is true. The use Spam in everything, including sushi. Visit www.spam.com to learn more fun facts about Spam; you can even join the Span Fan Club.