Home on the Range

6.09.2006

Doughnut Club


Do you have a doughnut club at work? We do, on Fridays. The plan is that everyone in the club has a Friday on which they bring enough doughnuts for everyone in the club. As luck would have it, my cubicle is a landmark in our office (of nearly 100 employees), affectionately referred to as "the doughnut cube." Reason is, before I transferred into the office, it was a spare cube that was used to do binding projects, etc, and was also the doughnut buffet on Fridays. Since I moved in, the doughnuts are placed on a table directly outside my cube. Whenever someone asks where I sit, I say I sit in the doughnut cube and folks know exactly where that is.

Anyway, I am not a member of the doughnut club. I used to be a few years (and 30 pounds) ago, but I'm not a member any more. However, every now and then, there are left-over doughnuts because many members of the club travel a lot and aren't always in the office on Fridays. The smell is overwhelming most days, but I'm usually strong. HOWEVER, today it was beyond my ability to resist. I succumbed and ATE TWO cake doughnuts when no one was watching. It's easy for me to sneak them out of the box and slither back into my cube. They were so delicious, but now I feel like Homer Simpson (mainly the gut part). Was it worth it? It was at the time. Guess I'll run a few miles to get rid of the guilt, and the evidence.

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

On the way home from work in the car, Chris told me he had a dirty little secret. The he confessed his consumption of two large, yummy doughnuts. I think he should start a bran muffin club at work to spread the news of health and well-being. I think he would be the only member.

 
At 11:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've worked so hard to get where you are - you deserve a donut. Oh, wait, you HAD TWO!!

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Heather said...

jenny that is hilariouse! I am sure chris would be the hit of the office with his bran muffins.

Coffee + Bran Muffins + Long Morning Meeting = DISASTER!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home