Home on the Range

5.31.2006

If a tree falls in the forest, does anyone hear it?

I don't know about trees in the forest, but I can tell you people hear metal chairs crashing to the floor in an elementary school gymnasium! Yesterday was Eli's Kindergarten graduation, and Liam was in primo onery mode. Jenny and I had to take turns taking him out for being so squirmy and loud during the program. Eli was in the last group to walk across the stage, so just before they called his name, Liam and I took our seats again in the second row, right in the center. Jenny had the camcorder and I the camera. As they called Eli's name, we stood so we could get a clear picture. Just then, Liam started yelling and kicking his legs. Somehow he kicked between my legs and caught the bottom lip of the chair seat so that the chair folded and crashed to the floor.

As soon as graduation was over, his mood had changed and was an angel. Who'd have guessed?

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is a conspiracy from parents who have older children not to warn new parents that the terrible two's in fact occur MUCH sooner than two years old!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home