Home on the Range

5.21.2006

Mohammed Eli vs the Nate-anator

So after church, the boys were all tired, and the fact that it was about 172 degrees in the car on the way home didn't help. Eli and Nate wanted to play Sorry when we got home, so I got the board down for them. Something didn't go the way one of them wanted it to, so of course they decided that was good enough reason to get mad at each other and come tell Jenny and me. Not feeling like taking the opportunity to lecture them on brotherly love or being nice, I just said "Why don't you two just wrestle to settle it?" Well, that was a dandy idea, readily accepted by both corners and the two of them succeeded to engage in a boxing match.

I guess I need to better educate them on the finer points of the two sports: wrestling vs. boxing (yea, like I know what I'm talking about). It was hilarious to see them dance around the room pretending to throw punches and fall on the floor after being KO'd.

Ten minutes later, it was on to another argument, but I opted to pretend I was hard of hearing and ignore them. Vicious foes one minute, best friends the next. I guess the good thing is that boys can forget and move past it; I hear that doesn't hold true for girls.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM , Blogger Heather said...

hee hee, I sometimes get temporary hearing loss as well. somtimes you can only break it up so many times before they just need to settle it themselves. Survival of the fitest.

p.s. sending the link to Aaron, so he can read too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home