Home on the Range

5.18.2006

Name that tour bus

One thing that drives me nuts is seeing a totally tripped-out bus on the highway and knowing that it's most likely someone famous but I'll never know who's bus it is. I'm always telling Jenny that they should be required to post the name of the band on the side of the bus so other drivers can brag and say "I ran into so-and-so on the interstate the other day." Well, my dream became reality last week.

I was driving from Kansas City to Des Moines, Iowa (whoopie) for work. I happened to look over to the other lane of traffic traveling toward KC when I saw a tour bus. Looking closer as it passed, I saw the words "The Black Eyed Peas" on the side! Could it be? I checked the internet and found that they had indeed been scheduled to perform in Minneapolis the night before, so it was them. If I never see another like it, at least now I know that there are bands with egos big enough to inspire them to plaster their name on their bus. Thanks, weird guys. You were the highlight of my trip.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am old enough to not even know who the Black-Eyed Peas are. If I saw that bus on the interstate, I would think it is a vegetable company promotion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home