Home on the Range

5.31.2006

Date Night

Jenny and I had an interesting date tonight, the likes of which we won't have again. I was invited to attend a reception being held for the Chinese Ambassador to the US (or as Jenny kept referring to him, "The Chairman". I thought Mao was dead), so I took Jenny with me. He was in town as part of a US tour. The reception was ... boring ... to say the least, but it put us in the mood for Chinese food, so we went to P.F. Chang's for dinner afterward. Jenny asked what I would say to the Ambassador if we went up to talk to him. My answer, without hesitation, was "We think ya'lls food is real good."

We didn't go up to talk to him.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM , Blogger Heather said...

you've always had a great sense of humor!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home