Home on the Range

6.13.2006

Georgia on my mind. Well, not so much anymore.



Some of you know that two weeks ago I was told that my name had been put in the hat for a job opening at our corporate office in Atlanta. Although I really didn't know much about the job, I knew it would mean a promotion and a relocation. Jenny and I were pretty jazzed at the idea of possibly moving since we've always felt we never really had an "adventure move," as we call it. We think "all" our friends got to move to new, far-off places when finishing school and we think we got cheated since we didn't get to move away. Anyway, after a week and a half of not knowing and all the while thinking we would be making a move, I found out this week that they decided to give the job to someone already living in Atlanta. I was flattered to have been considered. In a way, it's kind-of a relief. Moving is such a pain (although this would have been paid for by the company and they hire movers to pack and move everything).

3 Comments:

At 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are still waiting for you to relocate to the Spokane area!

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

We are still waiting too, Emmy!!

 
At 11:43 PM , Blogger Heather said...

company paid moves are AWESOME. I LOVE the packers that pack everything up for you.
I swore to aaron the next time we move we are hiring someone to pack for us, I can now never go back to the 'dark side' of packing my own stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home