Home on the Range

6.12.2006

Two for Togetherness
*I was tagged on another blog to complete this about my wife.

Two things you compliment your wife on while in her presence:
1. She's hot!
2. She's got the best skin. To say it's like a baby's is an understatement.
3. She's herself. She doesn't pretend to be someone else.

Two compliments you make about your spouse to your friends:
1. She's a wonderful person. People love being around her; that's a big compliment in itself.
2. She has worked so hard to reach some very important goals, and I like to brag for her.

Two traits you married him/her for:
1. She's hot!
2. She's everything I wanted. The funny thing is that as I continue to discover things about her, I realize those are things I wanted in a wife but didn't know it.

Two days you cherished the most with your husband being together:
1. The day she came home from the hospital last year after nearly dying. Just to hold her was a gift beyond description.
2. The day we first held hands. I was mainly grateful she didn't jerk her hand away and say "get away from me! You're a dork!"

Two material things you could give your wife if you just inherited a fortune:
1. A brand-new bungalow/craftsman-style home in the country near Lawrence. We would also have a big new barn with modern amenities (AC, luxurious bathrooms, sound system) so we could have big parties.
2. A charter plane so she could fly to Spokane to see her sisters whenever she wanted.
3. A lifetime laundress so she wouldn't have to feel bad about all the baskets of unfolded clean laundry (which would be a gift for me, too, so I could have my pants folded the way I like 'em - just so you don't think I'm a mean jerk, it's a joke between us. Read her blog.)

Two things you would miss the most if she/he left for two weeks:
1. Being grounded (not the in-trouble kind, but being grounded like having someone to keep me on the straight and narrow).
2. Not having anyone to fight for blogging time with.

Two thoughts that crossed your mind when you first met/saw your spouse:
1. Who is this person, and why did she just kiss that guy at my front door? She was a friend of my roommate (GR), but he never said he had a friend coming to visit from Utah. Some guy friend she met on an airplane had dropped her off and he kissed her goodbye right before I opened the door.
2. Why was a high schooler at my door?

Two favorite dates:
1. When we were first married, we had a hand-me-down TV with serious tube problems. It took about 25 minutes to warm up, and even then had a distortion problem. We used to turn it on, then go out for dinner and rent a movie. By the time we got back home, it would be "ready" for us to watch our movie.
2. Anytime we get to go to the Temple together.

Two funny odd things you love:
1. Have you ever seen the movie "The Sixth Sense"? There's a scene where the ghosts in the little boy's house goes around opening all the cabinets in the kitchen. Jenny does the same thing, but she's not a ghost. She'll open a cabinet door or drawer and not close them. I go around behind her closing them all. I think it's an Andersen thing, because I've witnessed the same phenomenon at her parent's house. I hope if Jenny dies first that she'll come back as a ghost and open all the cabinet doors so I know she's close by. If I die first, I plan to come back and close them all so she knows I'm there.
2. I love that Jenny's an anal calendar keeper. If I want to know what we had for dinner on April 3, 2004, I can look in her calendar and find out.

Two places you have lived with your spouse:
1. University of Kansas Stouffer Apartments
2. Spanish Crest Apartments.*These are two of the worst places to live but have been a source of the best memories for us. Huge wolf spiders coming up out of the drain while we were showering. Scary Barry, the weird apartment maintenance man who would stalk people. Hearing everything about your neighbors, and I mean everything. I could go on.

Two favorite vacations:
1. San Francisco (anytime).
2. Hiking in Watkins Glen, NY. The whole NY trip we took was great (Palmyra, Sacred Grove, Syracuse, etc.), but Watkins Glen was so beautiful.

Two People I am tagging: (Darin and Chanel are married so it's interesting to see what married people will write - thanks, HLH, for the idea)
1. http://darinstevens.blogspot.com/
2. http://thechanelreport.blogspot.com/

7 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

On April 3, 2004 we ate Chicken Voila (prepackaged pasta & chicken).

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Heather said...

(jenny's comment-HA!)
Chris- I had to read that one even closer, Aaron and I looked at each other and said "she kissed GR?!", then we read it again and closer and realized "she kissed some stranger she had just met on the plane?!"

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

GR was too busy kissing Kathleen to worry about kissing anyone else. That's why I always start the story out like this: "GR and I were just friends and he was practically engaged." It felt more like GR was an older brother - he was such a great friend to help me out back then. He did introduce me to my husband after all!

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

I had to check out your blog becuase... did anyone ever tell you that you look exactly like Dwight Shrute? It's amazing, really.

 
At 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember that stranger from the airplane. (Jenny, what were you thinking!?) Ha Ha...I'm sure glad she met Chris...

 
At 8:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of apartment living.... we have one of those "annoying" neighbors. She knocks on our door at least a few times a week wanting to borrow things. Here is a list of things we have let her use: flour, milk, eggs, sugar, dishwashing detergent, stamps, and the best one... hydrogen peroxide. And we are constantly hearing her yell very loudly at her kids. (it's actually kinda sad) she also wants us to watch her kids all the time. We finally had to start making up excuses because it was getting out of control!

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Mary Mac said...

oooooh, loved reading about Jenny! She truly is a wonderful person!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home