Home on the Range

6.18.2006

Bathroom Pictures

It's been three weeks since getting the bathroom done, and finally we have pictures to post. Another reason we "need" a digital camera - I mean, your lives have been at a stand-still until now, right, just waiting? Here are the before shots: the one on the left shows the pergo wood flooring and a glimpse of the red walls. The other is the completely disgusting, rotted sub-flooring, a result of a 40-year old leaky toilet.











Tada! Here are the after shots. New Hotel towels and a shot of the tile I installed. We installed double towel bars, as well. My towel bar installing skills have advanced light years beyond my earlier attempts six years ago which involved masking tape and carpetner's glue. Also below is a shot of the new toilet and the faucet I installed. The lighting makes the counter-top look yellowed, but it's all pure white. The walls are a light milk chocolate brown, also different from the coloring in the picture. (I realized, while brushing my teeth the day after painting the walls, that brown is a big mistake. Why would someone who works 40+ hours for a company who's reputation revolves around the color brown want to see it first thing in the morning and right before going to bed? The up-side is that now when I play hide-and-seek with the boys, I can just put on my UPS clothes and stand in the bathroom. A chameleon, of sorts.)






2 Comments:

At 1:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bathroom looks great! Do you ever watch "King of Queens" ? (we are big fans of Kevin James - on the show he works at "IPS" and of course it is supposed to be UPS.) Do you and your co-workers ever talk about that show? Tom wanted me to ask if it was true that for a short period of time, the UPS slogan was "Brown Knows"? (haha get it... Brown Nose) He said they discussed it in one of his classes at school.

 
At 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bathroom looks great. Isn't it strange what you find beneath the floor boards and behind the walls of an older home?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home