Home on the Range

5.08.2007

21 Days

They say it takes 21 consecutive days of doing something to make it a habit. So far I've got down teeth brushing, eating and going to work. Habit, habit, habit. Jenny thought we needed a new habit to work on...together. How sweet. Her idea? "Let's get up at 5:30am every morning and exercise before the kids get up and then we dont' have to argue over who's going to exercise while the other puts the kids to bed at night." Great. We completed day two this morning, alternating one on the treadmill and the other doing a workout video of his/her choice. Feels good, but I wish we could make a new rule that says after two days of doing something faithfully you could just leave it at that, and sleep later.

Random thought: what's the deal-e-o with guest towels? We spent lots of money to get nice towels a year ago (good purchase, indeed) - half are blue and half are white. We get to use the white ones (maybe not such a good idea with three dirty boys), and the blue ones are..."just for show, and for company." Well, I've alread seen them, and we rarely have company, so why should I get in trouble for using them when there's not a white one hanging up?

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

I'm not as mean as I sound. With the towels, I just hate washing two different colors of towels, so it is my preference that we only use one color-white-which is easy for me to keep washed regularly. Chris failed to mention that there is always clean white towels in the closet, he just fails to take the extra steps necessary to grab the white ones. Then I get mad at him because I end up having to run two different loads of laundry. I'm lazy, he's lazy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home