Home on the Range

4.17.2007

Grab your Speedo

If you're interested in a low-cost trip from NYC to Paris, France, you may consider consulting Google Maps for directions. Line 22 says "Turn right at Long Wharf". Line 23 states "Swim across the Atlantic Ocean, 3,462 mi", followed by "Slight right at E05" and "At the trafic circle, take the 2nd exit onto E05/Pont Vauban". I know, I caught it, too. No where does it state where to go through Customs/Immigration.
[click on image below for a larger image]


2 Comments:

At 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm worried about the amount of time you are spending on the Internet, Chris. Where do you come up with all this "stuff"?

 
At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found on map programs if you ask for directions between two locations that you already know very well, they will sometimes give you some very strange routes to follow. Not necessarily the "best" ones. I wondered how they do this so looked it up. I found that map programs most often use a variant of "Dijkstra's
algorithm," the fastest way of solving weighted-graph problems with non-negative edges. So, does that help? I think I would just rather unfold a map. But then you have them problem of getting them folded back in the proper way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home