Home on the Range

1.24.2007

My MTC (Missionary Training Center) companion, is a very gifted photographer. I love his ability to capture people's emotions. So, when our February Ensign came in the mail this week, I was stoked to see that not only were five of his photos of temples featured in the article "The Blessings of Temples", but that one of his pics also made the cover. How cool is that?! You should definately check out his website to see his work www.feelthephoto.com. Go to "Portfolio" and
you'll see what I'm talking about. I was one of his early subjects, as seen here. I especially liked the way he captured my full head of hair (no difficult task 12 years ago, but an impossibility nowadays).

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the picture of you at the MTC in a publication or is it a photo he just gave to you? I agree his work is very good. I liked the statement on his website that he lets wedding parties "just be themselves" rather than doing a lot of stiff posing. And we should tell him NEVER to make guests wait while pictures are being taken of the wedding party! (One of my pet peeves.)

 
At 7:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fun to see your friend's portfolio. Pop took an arty picture of the spires of the S.L. Temple that is very professional and would be a great magazine cover. Maybe that could be his hobby when he retires!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home