Home on the Range

12.05.2006

Music for the ages, or aged

I was at the library picking up some Christmas movies I'd placed on hold. While the librarian was checking them out, we were talking about music and I mentioned the new Sting CD called Songs from the Labyrinth. The songs were written in the 16th century, and Sting says he related to them as pop music, just from a different time. I said to the librarian, who was in her late 50's or early 60s, "Sting has a new CD of music from the Middle Ages." She perked up and said, "Oh yea, I know who Sting is. I'm middle aged."

I wonder if AARP members get discounts on hearing devices.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh?

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Huh??? (momma k)

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Topher said...

Em,
I don't mean to speak for her, but I think what Momma K means is to make a sound like "Eh? I didn't hear you."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home