Home on the Range

12.04.2006

Ski Kansas

That's right, Tom (yea, I read your comment on Jenny's post about finding some sweet slopes to sled on here). Kansas City is the best kept secret in alpine skiing ... move over, Utah. I'm sure you're asking yourself "Who knew?" Although I've never skiied in my life, I know when that day comes, I can run right over to Snow Creek Ski Resort.

Stats on Snow Creek:
  • longest run: 0.33 mi
  • vertical drop: 330 ft
  • top elevation (brace yourself): 1100 feet
  • total number of lifts: 4
  • number of skiiers likely to take this place seriously: uh, what do you think?

4 Comments:

At 11:09 PM , Blogger Susan said...

So is what we are looking at the actual top of the hill?! I think instead of 4 lifts, you meant to say "tow ropes"!

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Topher said...

Yes, I believe that's the top, and no, they're real chair lifts. Guess they didn't want to have to shovel a staircase.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Tom said...

This ski hill might actually work for me...since I haven't been skiing in so long maybe if I went here I wouldn't hurt myself too bad!

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

What's great is that you can ski black diamonds there (cough, cough)!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home