Home on the Range

10.30.2006

Random thoughts on an otherwise dull day

1. Driving to and from work today, I couldn't help but notice how many political yard signs there are. Then I cast my mind back to autumn 2004 (a presidential election year) when we were shopping for a home. Do you know how difficult it is to drive around neighborhoods looking for houses for sale when you can't tell where the for sale signs are because they blend in to political yard signs? Well it's really hard, and there's nothing more disappointing than finding the "perfect house" only to realize it's not a ReMax home, but "Bozo for Congress".

2. On Saturday, we took the boys to Cosmic Golf (an indoor miniature golf place where everything's painted black and the only lights are blacklights). We knew that light colors, especially white, glow under the blacklights, but I discovered that so does snot. Liam had a runny, crusty nose. Not only could you see his crusty upper lip from across the room, but my shoulders where he had wiped his nose. Nice.

3. Six-year olds don't understand the new energy bill passed this year. Eli woke up shortly before 6am this morning and said he was wide awake. I told him he needed to try to go back to sleep, but he couldn't. I tried explaining the concept of daylight savings time, but resorted to just saying that the sun played a trick on us and that the clock hasn't caught up yet.

4. The Dixie Chicks are sort-of bitter. After waiting four months for our turn for the new CD at the library, my number finally came up and my hold was available. While most of the songs sound like the Dixie Chicks I'm used to, listening to the lyrics tells me they are angry, angry women. At least they're making money working out their frustrations. The CD's good, though.

5. Just so you know, I'm planning on exploiting my two-year old tomorrow night (Halloween). Yes, I plan on sending him up to doors to ask for candy. There's no reason he can't bring in his share of loot. I will not, however, permit him to eat very much (cavities and what-not). That's what dads are for.

2 Comments:

At 8:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your thoughts really do jump around, Topher, but they do give me lots of food for thought at 7:00 a.m.

Bet you can't resist eating Liam's candy!

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger Heather said...

You and Aaron have the same philosophy on how to handle Halloween candy!

I'm all about putting it in the cupboard forgetting about it and then throwing it away in 2 months.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home