Home on the Range

12.11.2006

Frosty, por favor

At Halloween time, Wendy's sells coupon books for free Junior Frosties and we usually buy several. It's 10 Frosties for $1, so it's a deal we just can't pass up. Tonight we decided to stop by and get some after looking at Christmas lights. I pulled up to the drive-thru and placed my order for two vanilla and three chocolate Junior Frosties, and mentioned that I had five coupons for free Frosties. I was instructed to pull to the first window, which I did. The lady then asked for my three coupons, and I mentioned I had ordered five. She only heard three and didn't hear that I had coupons. The manager was called over who asked me what I had ordered. "Two vanilla and three chocolate Junior Frosties" I repeated. The lady, who was a Spanish speaker, then yelled to someone we couldn't see, "Dos vanilla y tres chocolate, por favor" several times. Nathan, following the goings-on very closely, hollered back "That's two vanilla and three chocolates."

Being instructed to pull up to the second window, we did so only to be met by a blond teenage girl who opened the window and asked what we had ordered. I repeated the order, but not before Nathan had done so from the back seat. Apparently she didn't understand the order that had been barked in Spanish moments earlier. Then, to our delight, she opened the window again and handed us our much-anticipated Frosties, but not before she said she had messed up the order and didn't know we'd ordered Junior size. So, despite the mistranslation and attempted clarification from the choco-holic in the back seat, we all drove away with our free regular-size treats. Muchas gracias, Seniorita Wendy.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulacion!

Saturday I wanted to exchange some Christmas lights at Shopko. I had just bought two boxes and had two boxes I had bought in an after- Christmas sale a year ago (even had the receipt). I paid $1.49 last year (80 percent off) and $3.99 this year (50 percent off). I didn't think they would take the year-old lights, but thought I would try. The young woman at the customer service counter looked over all my receipts and then said, "I can't give you cash for last year's lights, but I can give you store credit." I was very happy for that and then she said, but I'll give you what you paid for the ones this year. So I got $15.96 store credit for the $10.96 I had spent on the merchandise. I thought that was very generous. Often, customer service counter people are grumpy. I am sure it is because they hear a daylong string of sad stories and probably even lies. But this young woman was a delight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home