Home on the Range

1.06.2007

A job I could probably not do

I've been sitting here at the library for about 30 minutes enjoying the lightning-fast internet service. I'm within earshot of the reference desk, and am realizing that the job of a reference librarian is not what I guessed it to be. I have to say I admire their ability to keep a straight face. It seems to be where all the crazy people gravitate.

I've heard everything from a street person say that "Sam Walton appeared to me in vision and said I needed to buy a bunch of stock; can you tell me how to do that?" -to- "I'm not a pervert or anything, but why does a warning message pop up everytime I click on an adult website? You're not going to report me, are you?" -to- "Did you know that there are secret messages in Sudoku puzzles? Someone told me you could help me de-code them."

I have to admit, nothing "fun" like that ever happens in my job.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our library is a "hangout" for homeless folks because it is a warm place to be during the day.

I wonder what stock Sam Walton told him to buy. Could it have been WalMart stock? Gee, that man won't quit working, will he?

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger My Many Coloured Days said...

I worked in a library for four years. I had more stories to laugh over than papercuts! This was a great reminder, but I think my new job is just as amusing!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home