Home on the Range

1.14.2007

...and the angels rejoiced...

Our three "angels" erupted in cheers when we told them church had been cancelled today due to the ice storm headed our way. Eli, however, missed his opportunity to give his what has become almost a monthly talk in primary. Seriously, he has given a talk in primary nearly every six weeks or so for the past while. It's great experience for him, and he has good confidence. I think it's great that kids get an early exposure to public speaking in the church, so I'm expecting good grades from him when he takes Communication classes in high school and college. Below is the talk he prepared on faith in Christ.

I would like to share a story about trust and faith. One day, my dad and I were practicing how to ride a bike without training wheels. It was kind of scary for me to ride without training wheels. I told my dad that I was a little scared, and he promised to help me if I would trust him. He loves me very much and I know he wouldn't let me get hurt. So, I started peddling and he ran beside me holding onto the seat. Then he said "Eli, do you trust me?" I said "yes." Then he let go and I was riding the bike all by myself. I was able to do this because I trusted my dad.

I have faith in Jesus Christ. Faith means trust. I trust Him, and I will follow Him. When we have faith in Jesus, and do what the scriptures tell us to, we will be blessed because of our faith.

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Eli should have included the part of the story where you let go, he rode the bike on his own, and then he tumbled to the ground and his bike landed on a piece of dog poo. But that doesn't illustrate faith and trust very well, does it?

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger Heather said...

did your heart just melt right then and there when he gave his talk?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home