Home on the Range

10.02.2007

Mullets and Race Cars

Thank goodness last week is over. I was busy working on a large customer event for work which required me to be up to my eyeballs in NASCAR. I managed to break away long enough to go down to the garage and pit area for a tour. Here I am next to the boys’ favorite car, the #43 Cheerios car. It’s their favorite because it’s the only NASCAR hotwheel they have (it was free in a box of….Cheerios). I don’t know if they realized it is a real car, so I got someone to take my picture by it. They wanted me to see if I could find the #95 Lightning McQueen car, but since it’s a cartoon, there’s no such thing in real life. Unfortunately, I had to miss the Primary program at church, and miss church altogether, because the race covers the entire weekend with the biggest event being on Sunday. Jenny and I both explained to them the only reason I was there is that it was work, and I had to be there to do my job. In addition to seeing the cars, I also saw more mullets in one location than I've ever seen before. Yeehaw for redneck sporting events!

I took yesterday off to recoup (got in two naps). We then took the boys to a park and grilled hotdogs for FHE. Not much else is up other than getting ready for Pop and Momma K’s visit next week.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM , Blogger Tom said...

I heard someone say they never understood why Nascar was popular...until he saw the fans he said they would be entertained by any shiny object going around in a circle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home