Home on the Range

7.25.2007

Motives

Preface: Jenny is totally cool with this post. We were laughing about it this morning, so don't think that I'm being mean.

I told Jenny this morning that I scrubbed the bathroom counter and sink last night with Clorox. Thinking she’d say “I noticed. Thank you so much. That’s why I love you, you’re always helping out around here and doing things without being asked. You’re the greatest husband I’ve ever had.” But, no. “You cleaned it because the crud from the boys’ toothpaste and dirt from their grimy hands were making you mad, so you were mad cleaning, weren't you?”

Answer: yes. But I wasn’t really mad cleaning, I just wanted it clean, and since Jenny had a super busy day yesterday I knew she hadn’t had time to do much.

By the way, she did say thanks – without being asked to.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Oh my, you sound just like us! I am always saying things like "did you notice I cleaned the...?" and Aaron is too!

I agree with Jenny, it doesn't count as "helpful" cleaning when really you were doing it because you were irritated by it! :)

But..clean is clean regardless of how it got that way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home