Home on the Range

7.13.2007

What would you do for a donut?

There are a few central themes that find their way into my posts: running, Crunch Wraps from Taco Bell, lists, and donuts, to name a few. I decided that if I'm going to lose the 13 lbs I gained back this year that I'm going to have to curb my donut intake. It's not like I eat them every day for breakfast, just on Friday's at work and occasionally with the kids for special treats. I told Jenny last night that I'm going to earn my Friday donuts from now on. If I have logged 15 miles by Friday then I can have a donut. To warm up to that, I would treat myself today if I woke up at 5:00 am and ran five miles. I figured that would test how bad I wanted it.

Well, I got up at 5:00 am and ran five miles, feelin' good. Came into work, and as I rounded the corner to walk toward my cube (the cube on the outside of which is the donut table) I directed my eyes to where the donuts are to see what glorious, glutenous delight awaited me, only to see this...

WHAT???!!! I DIDN'T HAUL MY SORRY REAR OUT OF BED AT 5:00 am AND PUT MY BODY THROUGH THAT...FOR A BAGEL!!!!

The donut gods played a cruel trick on me this morning, but all was not lost. Someone's wife had made peanut butter and chocolate bars and brought them in, so I indulged in one of those. It tasted better than a donut would have anyway.

2 Comments:

At 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww! I think on the way home you should swing by Krispy Kreme for a hot donut (and may as well get one for Jenny & the boys!).

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Emily said...

One of the last times you posted about donuts, Tom and I had to stop and get some donuts at Krispy Kreme!
And after I saw the pic. of Nathan eating a donut, on Jenny's blog, I wanted a donut too!
Your donut posts are corrupting us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home