Home on the Range

8.23.2007

No wonder we never have any money

I just passed the 400 profile view mark today. Jenny currently has 586. My blog is way more wicked cool than hers. We're poor. It's all making sense. She's paying someone to jump from IP address to IP address to put her in the lead. WHO'S SHE PAYING?! I don't work hard everyday (no, that in itself is not a statement) so she can squander our money on paid profile views. So fess up if she's paid you to look at her profile over and over, or even just once.

Podcasts. I just figured out that I can download podcasts to my slick TRIO MP3 player (thanks, Pop) to listen to on my runs. I download This American Life every Monday (for like the past six months), but have not listened to any of them yet since the master plan is to make a CD or two of nothing but TAL to listen to on our next long road trip. This week I discovered and auditioned two podcasts. Phiddipidations Steve Runner is a long-distance runner who talks through his long runs and then makes a podcast using his ramblings. Listened to two of them this week, and he had a good one on race etiquitte. Kudos to someone who can talk through an eight-mile run as he does. MormonPotluck is four Mormon guys in Oregon who do root beer taste tests and discuss Mormon culture (is Coca-Cola really against the rules, why doesn't the church website use QuickTime, etc).

Can anyone recommend any other podcasts? I'd like something with cool music mingled with humor. Really, This American Life is hard to beat, but I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to the ones I've been saving. Not really interested in listening to books b/c I don't want to have to remember from run to run where I was. Something about an hour in length is ideal.

Sorry to break my promise to not talk about running anymore here since I now have my running blog. At least I haven't mentioned donuts.

6 Comments:

At 10:27 PM , Blogger Tom said...

I prefer Dave Ramsey, or Glenn Beck but I don't think these are free for podcasts, and there is no cool music intertwined. I'm trying to think of some others but I'll post them in two separate comments since I owe you three.

 
At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone told me that NPR's CarTalk podcasts are good, but I can't figure out how to download the program as a podcast.

National Geographic's podcasts look good too:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/podcasts/

I'm glad that little MP3 player works for you. With the rebate, I think I paid $5 for it.

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Topher said...

I have free access to Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and some others at work, but I've gotten tired of them. too much bickering. not enough mindless drivel

 
At 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to read our podcast didn't appeal to you. If you have suggestions, by all means, let us know.

In an effort to support your quest to trounce Jenny's number of profile views, I viewed your full profile. While I realize this small gesture may not be enough to bring you back to full 'activity' as a Mormon Potluck member, It is our hope and prayer that you will someday return to the fold.

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Maria H. Andersen said...

I quite like Science Friday (from NPR), you might like that. And you can LISTEN to all the TedTalks as podcasts, so of course I have to reccommend those!

Stanford University has a slew of educational podcasts too.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Maria H. Andersen said...

Where do you see the number of "profile views" anyways? Shouldn't you be looking at page views (i.e. how many people have read your blog?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home