Home on the Range

5.20.2007

Yesterday I ran outside for the first time since the Chief Joseph run last summer. I'm ok running mile after mile on the treadmill, and decided it was time to run outside at least once a week to start acclimating for the half-marathon. OUCH! I ran three miles, and I'm totally feeling it today in places I forgot I had. Guess that tells me that you can't rely on one form of exercise. I still prefer the treadmill because I don't have to concentrate so much on pace, and I can watch TV and not feel bad since I'm not lazing around doing so. The park by our house has a 1/2 mile paved path around it, so that's good for keeping track of distance, but it might get old seeing the same thing over and over. So, I'm going to have to measure some of the streets around to get longer and longer courses since I'll probably make my Saturday morning run an outdoors one. I think that's what most of the training guides say anyway, to make Saturday the run that increases in one mile increments each week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home