Home on the Range

1.13.2008

The world's best husband

This post is primarily to show my brother-in-law Tom why my wife (his wife's sister) thinks I'm the perfect husband. My wife went out visit teaching tonight. I was left with the chillin's. I hurried to put them to bed so I could watch TV. As I changed the channels, I noticed that PBS was playing the Jane Austen film Persuasion. The third sister in the family had gotten Jenny a Jane Austen book (it's so big I think we could use it as a coffee table), and I knew Jenny would like to watch the program. So I (reluctantly) put in a tape and hit RECORD. This prevented me from watching anything else. And that's why I'm the world's best husband.

And Tom, I'll take the little tab thingy off the tape so we can't record over it. That way, next time we're together you can watch it, er, I mean ask Emily if it's something she wants to watch while you're out huntin' muskrats in your socks.

UPDATE: so Jenny got home, and I was so excited to see her reaction. This was it: "oh, I can get those on DVD at the library." I think in her heart, though, she is still excited at the thought of Tom maybe watching it someday.

7 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Tom won't watch it ever, I definitely will the next time I come to visit. I actually watched "Bourne Ultimatum" for a second time with Tom and Emily. It really helped to put the whole story together to see it again--that is definitely a fast-paced movie.

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Emily said...

That's funny... we were flipping through the channels when I think that movie was about to start. It was on the channel for about one second and someone said,"Jane Austen..." Tom quickly turned the channel and said,"Ugh, we are def. not watching that."

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Tom said...

Yes I did watch this, on accident, for about a millisecond. Therefore I had to watch an hour's worth of American Gladiators even though it was a rerun, it had to be done... to cleanse my soul.

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger Lori Garcia said...

Christmas, I think that's sweet. Tell Rudi he has some stepping up to do.

 
At 5:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blain likes them! They are playing Jane Austen stories for the next six weeks or so on PBS every sunday night. :) SInce I can't watch the office.......
ALi:)

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger My Many Coloured Days said...

You are a good man.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Tagged ya! Check my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home