Home on the Range

7.06.2006

Kitchen Cupboard Confessional

We've now been on vacation for one week, and I'm burdened with a transgression I have to bring to light. I've gained three pounds. Shameful, isn't it? I've decided to list the offending accomplices here, but I don't feel too bad since it's vacation AND I've been trying to run or walk as many mornings as I can (or feel like it).

  • Wilcoxson's Fudgebars and Ice Cream Sandwiches - at least one a day, some days I've eaten two
  • Lay's Sourcream and Onion chips
  • Pringles
  • Asparagus and Jalepeno dip (serving size is two tablespoons. yeah, right! I've put that much on each cracker.)
  • Half a pan of cheese breadsticks at Mackenzie River Pizza
  • Capn' Crunch
  • About half a pound of salt water taffy (Can you believe we found Dr. Pepper taffy? It was close but not quite the same.)
  • Close to a 12-pack of various sodas (In my defense, most of it has been diet, but I've had hardly any water. We've discovered Black Cherry Fresca while we've been here - it's so good. I usually drink about two liters of water a day when I'm at work.)
  • Chocolate chip cookies
  • Lemonade ice cream dessert
  • George (see recipe)
  • Godfather's pizza with sausage, olives and mushrooms (at least I'm getting my veggies)
  • Fried chicken
  • Potato salad (yummy! Momma K's potato salad rocks!)
  • Hostess Ding Dongs and Twinkies
  • Jumbo marshmallows
  • and, still to come, Caramel Cookie Waffels (www.caramelcookiewaffles.com), a must-have when in Billings.

Final disclaimer: no one tied me down and force-fed me any of this. It was all of my own free will and choice.

Post-post: one of my biggest pet peeves is when businesses change the spelling of words (mostly words that start with C) thinking it's cute. I hate that! For instance, Krazy Korn Kountry (a corn maze in Billings we saw). None of those words start with K so why don't they say Crazy Corn Country? I see it a lot with children's stores - Kozy Kids Korral, Kountry Kids Klothing, and so on. As if English weren't hard enough for kids to learn, why do people komplicate it by spelling things wrong? Why am I writing this? I could have easily named this post "Kitchen Kupboard Konfessional," but that'd be worse than gaining three pounds in my books. (Yes, I know I spelled complicate with a "k". I was trying to be phunny.)

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM , Blogger Darin Stevens said...

Good to know that our good friends are surviving their vacation.

Maybe oui kould oll schpell certain words different two ceep oll those schmart peeple guessing.

But ai dunno sumptin smaels phishy hear.

My $.02

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger My Many Coloured Days said...

Phunny you are!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home