Home on the Range

7.27.2006

Jr. Marketer

For a marketing guy like me, there's nothing cooler than when my kids identify with a brand or catch the meaning behind a marketing campaign. I'm interested in observing kids connect with a logo or advertising message (hopefully good ones), so I watch the boys a lot.

If you've read Jenny's post about Nathan getting lost you know that happened yesterday. Eli was telling me about it and said something like it would have been better if Nathan had gotten lost in Home Depot. If he would have, he could have just found someone wearing an orange apron because "you can do it and they can help."

I think he's going to be just like me when he grows up.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way Eli talks is just like you, Chris. Yesterday when I was talking on the phone to him he said, "Grandma, can you hold on just a minute. My hand is getting tired of holding the phone, I need to change hands.----O.K. Grandma, I'm back." He just cracks me up--just like you do, Chris!

 
At 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a cute Dilbert cartoon Friday about the guys in marketing. Can you link to a URL from a blog? Here's a try:

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20060729.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home