Home on the Range

8.25.2006

Random act of kindness

The front desk called me this morning to tell me I had a package in the mailroom. Yes, even working for a shipping company, we still get excited when we get something. However, I wasn't expecting anything so I assumed it would be junk a vendor sent since I'm the target for trinkets and gadgets those companies try to get our company to slap our logo on and sell/give away.

Anyway, so I get the box and the label says it's from Bonsai Boy of New York. Huh? Good luck...I don't think [my company] is interested in branding Bonsai trees. So, I open the box and THERE'S A REAL BONSAI TREE INSIDE!

Come to find out, a counterpart in another state that I had helped with a marketing project she was doing for her MBA class had ordered me a Bonsai tree to say thanks. She got an A on the project in which I provided her very detailed information about a marketing campaign I designed centered around [my company]'s service in Asia. I thought it was cool, then, that to say thanks she sent a gift that tied into the theme of the project. Very cool.

Needless to say, I'll have to try to keep the thing alive now in my cube. It's sweet when unexpected surprises find their way into an otherwise dull day. Thanks [insert co-worker's name].

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Blogger Lori said...

That's really cool. Now, you'll have to "pay it forward" with another good deed. (Isn't that how it's supposed to work.) ;op

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Heather said...

do we get a picture of your tree?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home